Freeze time is about an hour.
For the chocolate layer:
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon coconut nectar or pure maple syrup or brown rice syrup
For the bar/crust:
¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
¼ cup coconut nectar or pure maple syrup or brown rice syrup
1. For the chocolate layer: If necessary melt coconut oil over very low heat until it is liquid.
2. Remove from the heat; add vanilla and sweetener, stir to mix.
3. Add cocoa powder and stir to combine, add water (maybe a tablespoon) if too thick. Set aside.
4. For the bar: Mix coconut and nectar in bowl until coconut clumps together.
5. Press firmly into a small glass rectangle (or square) dish (I use 5x7).
6. Press the almonds firmly and spaced evenly into the coconut mixture.
7. Pour the chocolate sauce over the top and spread out evenly.
8. Place in freezer until chocolate hardens, then cut into squares so an almond is in the middle of each one.
9. Store in freezer. These will melt quickly!