3 tablespoons water + 1 tablespoon ground flax
2 apples, cored and rough chopped OR 1 cup apple sauce
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons coconut milk or other non-dairy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract½ teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoons baking soda
½ cup coconut flour
1 cup shredded carrot
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
3. In a small bowl, mix the water and ground flax together and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make applesauce by pulsing the apples in a food processor until fairly smooth. (omit this step if using store-bought applesauce).
5. In a large bowl, mix the applesauce, water/flax mixture, coconut oil, coconut milk, and vanilla extract.
6. Add the cinnamon, ginger, sea salt, baking powder, baking soda, and coconut flour and incorporate well.
7. Fold in the shredded carrots, walnuts, and raisins.
8. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes.
9. Allow to cool completely before removing from pan, then slice and enjoy.
This bread is flatter and denser than traditional breads.