Use very ripe bananas.
3 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup pitted dates
1/3 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup buckwheat flour (or other flour of choice)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup non-dairy chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly oil a muffin tin.
3. Add the bananas, dates, milk , and vanilla to a food processor and run until smooth.
4. In a large bowl, mix the buckwheat flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
5. Stir in the liquid mixture from the food processor.
6. Fold in the oats and chocolate chips.
7. Spoon into prepared muffin pan, I got 9 from this recipe.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edged are lightly brown and it passes the toothpick test (toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle).
Gluten-free. Buckwheat is gluten-free, despite it's name. Other flour can be used such as oat or teff or spelt (not GF) or whole wheat (not GF).