This recipe uses cooked black beans and cooked sweet potato.
3 cloves garlic
1 small bell pepper, rough chopped
1 small jalapeno, rough chopped (optional)
½ cup cilantro
1/3 cup onion, rough chopped
2 cups cooked black beans
½ cup cooked and mashed sweet potato
½ cup corn (thaw if frozen)
1 teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
salt & pepper, to taste
¼ cup cornmeal (I used medium grind)
1 tablespoon coconut or avocado oil for sautéing, divided
1. In a food processor, pulse the garlic, bell pepper, jalapeno, cilantro, and onion until finely chopped. Add the black beans and pulse until fairly smooth but still has a little texture. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. Stir the cooked sweet potato, corn and spices into the bean mixture.
3. Then mix in the cornmeal.
4. Form into 5 or 6 patties.
5. Heat half the oil in a large sauté pan and cook (3 at a time) for 5-7 minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining 2-3 burgers.
6. Serve on bun of choice, bed of greens, or in a large lettuce leaf and top with your favorite toppings!