Prep time includes the time to freeze the bars but does not include time to soak the cashews.
For the crust:
1/2 cup pistachios
1/2 cup almonds
1 cup dates (remove pits)
Juice from half lime
For the filling:
2 cups of raw cashews (soaked for about 8 hours, rinsed, drained OR soak in hot water for 30 min.)
1 cup blackberries
1-2 tablespoons maple syrup or coconut nectar (optional)
Juice from half of a lime (about 1 tablespoon)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Line a loaf pan (5 x 9) with parchment paper, leaving enough sticking up so you can pull the entire dessert out later.
2. For the crust, pulse the nuts, dates, and lime juice together in a food processor until mixture sticks together and forms a dough.
3. Firmly press mixture into the lined pan.
4. For the filling, blend (use a high speed blender for best results) the rest of the ingredients until smooth. Spoon the filling over crust and smooth out evenly.
5. Place in freezer for 1-2 hours, until firm.
6. When ready to serve, lift up on the parchment paper and pull the entire thing out of the pan. Slice into eight bars. I like to eat this partially frozen or very cold because it is kind of like ice-cream!