This recipe uses cooked butternut squash.
2 teaspoons coconut oil
4 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
1. Add all the ingredients for the gnocchi into a large mixing bowl and mix with your hands until they form a dough ball, add more flour if it is too moist andsticky. Place on a floured surface and knead for a couple of minutes.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the cream sauce. Combine all the ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
5. When the pot of water is at a rolling boil, add about a third of the gnocchi at a time and cook until the pasta floats to the top. This will take only a couple of minutes. Let it cook for a minute longer once it's floating. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a clean kitchen towel to drain. Repeat with the remaining gnocchi. Save the pasta water.
6. Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet and sauté the sage for a minute or two. Then add the gnocchi and sauté for about 5 minutes until it browns a little.
7. Turn the heat down to low and stir in the cream sauce. Stir and simmer on very low heat, adding a few drop of the pasta water if the sauce is too thick, until you reach the desired consistency.
8. When heated through, serve and enjoy!