makes about 10 balls
1/4-1/3 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
2 small-medium sized raw carrots, rough chopped
1 cup walnuts, divided
1/2 cup dates, pits removed
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
dash ground ginger
dash sea salt, optional
1/4 cup raisins
1. Place coconut (start with 1/4 cup) on a small plate.
2. Place the carrots in a food processor and pulse until chopped pretty finely.
3. Add half of the walnuts and dates and the spices. Process until mixture has taken the form of a smooth dough.
4. Add the raisins and the rest of the walnuts and pulse until just combined, you want to keep a little texture. The mixture will be fairly moist.
5. Roll into 1-1/2 inch balls.
6. Roll each ball n the coconut, add more coconut if necessary.
7. Refrigerate to allow the balls to firm up or just eat as is. Store any leftovers in the fridge or even freeze. Enjoy!