1 large carrot or 2 small ones
1 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup ground flax
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh pineapple
1 very ripe banana
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/4 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly oil a muffin tin with coconut oil.
3. Grate the carrot (in the food processor or by hand), you should end up with about 1 cup. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix the brown rice flour, ground flax, coconut, baking soda, and spices.
5. Add the pineapple, banana, coconut oil, and vanilla to a food processor and run until smooth.
6. Pour into the bowl with the flour mixture and stir well.
6. Fold in the grated carrot, walnuts, and raisins.
7. Scoop and divide into prepared muffin pan, I got 9 from this recipe.
8. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until edged are lightly brown and it passes the toothpick test (toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle).