Prep time does not include time to soak the cashews, but does include the freeze time.
For the crust:
1 cup of raw walnuts or almonds
1 cup dates (remove pits)
2 tablespoons cacao nibs (optional)
For the filling:
2 cups of raw cashews (soaked for 2-8 hours, rinsed, drained OR soak in hot water for 30 min.)
1 cup cherries (pitted) + 4 whole cherries cut in half for garnish (can use frozen)
½ cup raw cacao powder
Juice from half of a lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
1. For the crust, pulse walnuts and dates together in a food processor until mixture sticks together and forms a dough. Then pulse in the cacao nibs.
2. Firmly press mixture into a spring form pan or glass pie dish. Place in freezer while preparing the filling.
3. For the filling, blend (use a high speed blender for best results) the rest of the ingredients, except the 4 whole cherries, until smooth. Pour filling over crust and smooth out evenly.
4. Place in freezer for 30-60 minutes, until firm.
5. Slice and top each piece with ½ cherry.