about 2 cups
1/4 cup raw cashews
1 medium sized potato, cut into chunks
1 large carrot, cut into chunks
1/2 onion, cut into chunks
1/4 cup non-dairy milk
¼ cup nutritional yeast
1/2 small jalapeno
Juice from half lime
1/4 teaspoon each: garlic powder, smoked paprika, cumin, chipotle chili powder
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place cashews in a small bowl and cover with hot water.
2. Place the chunks of potatoes, carrot, and onion in a medium sized pot and add water to just barely cover. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 20 minutes, until the veggies are tender.
3. When the veggies are cooked through place a blender with the water they cooked in.
4. Rinse and drain the cashews and put in a blender with the rest of the ingredients.
5. Carefully blend until smooth. Add more water or milk if the sauce seems too thick.