1/2 cup pitted dates
1/4 cup hot water
1 cup cooked pumpkin
1 cup cooked white beans
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chunks (look for vegan & gluten-free such as Enjoy Life brand)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line as 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper leaving enough to pull up on the sides.
2. Place the dates in a small bowl and cover with the hot water. Allow to soak for about 5 minutes.
3. Then place the dates & the soaking water in a food processor with the pumpkin, white beans, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Run the processor until the mixture is smooth.
4. Pulse in the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
5. Finally pulse in the chocolate chunks.
6. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and smooth out evenly.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
8. Cool completely before cutting, if you have time, refrigerate for a few hours.
These have a softer texture but do firm up once cold.