4-5 large or 8-10 small
1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
2-3 tablespoons coconut flour
1/2 cup vegan/allergy-friendly dark chocolate morsels (I use Enjoy Life brand)
1. In a small bowl, mix the sunflower seed butter with the coconut flour (start with 2 tablespoons), it should be a dough like consistency that you can roll without sticking to your hands. Add more coconut flour if necessary.
2. Place in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
3. Line a plate with parchment paper. Spoon a heaping spoonful (about 2 tablespoons, or smaller amount for smaller eggs) of the mixture into your hand, roll into a ball, then shape into an egg shape. Place on the plate and repeat.
4. Put the plate in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
5. Melt the chocolate in a small bowl either the microwave or double-boiler method. Remove the "eggs" from the freezer and, working quickly, dip each one in the chocolate, coating both sides. Place back on the parchment-lined plate. Then back into the freezer to set. Store in the freezer.
As written, this recipe is nut-free, soy-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan and DELICIOUS!
Feel free to sub peanut/almond/cashew butter for the sunflower seed butter.
If you do not have the dark chocolate morsels, you can use one (2-3 oz) high quality dark chocolate bar (good brands: Theo Bar, Endangered Species, Alter Eco) OR mix 1/4 cup cacao powder + 1/4 cup melted coconut oil + 1/4 cup maple syrup .