Prep time does not include time to freeze bananas OR time for the coconut milk to chill in the refrigerator!
2 very ripe bananas (frozen)
1 can full-fat coconut milk (that has been chilling in the fridge for at least several hours).
3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons almond butter
1 tablespoon chocolate hazelnut spread (like Nutiva) OR 1 tablespoon coconut oil + 1 tablespoon cacao powder + 1 tablespoon maple syrup (stir together in a small bowl) OR 1-2 tablespoons melted vegan chocolate
1. Place the frozen bananas in a food processor.
2. Take the can of coconut milk out of the fridge (do not shake) Flip it upside down. Open the can and pour out the liquid (save for later use).
3. Spoon the solid coconut cream from the can into the food processor with the bananas.
4. Add the cacao powder and vanilla.
5. Run the food processor until you have the consistency of soft-serve ice-cream.
6. Transfer to a class container.
7. Dollop the almond butter and chocolate sauce on the top and using a butter knife, swirl into the nice cream.
8. Place back in the freezer for about 45 minutes.
Feel free to use other nut butters.