3-4 minutes per flatbread
4 (6-inch) flatbreads
1 cup spelt or whole wheat flour
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
½ cup lukewarm water (Use as needed)
Coconut oil (for the skillet)
1. In a medium sized bowl, mix flour, salt, and water to make soft dough, adding water as needed. Knead thed ough for about one minute. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and set aside at least ten minutes.
2. Divide the dough into four equal parts. Make smooth balls and press flat.
3. Rollt o form a six-inch-diameter circle. If the dough sticks to the rolling pin or rolling surface, lightly dust with flour.
4. Heat a cast-iron skillet or grill pan on medium high heat. Brush with a little oil.
5. Place one flatbread into the skillet. When it starts puffing flip it over, a minute or two.
6. Flip again after a minute or two.
7. Repeat the same process for remaining flatbread.
I have not tried this with other types of flour/flour blends. If looking for a gluten-free option, check out my savory chickpea pancake recipe.