no bake but allow at least 2 hours to freeze
1 1/2 cups cooked black beans (if using canned, rinse & drain)
2 small very ripe bananas, peeled
1/2 cup dates, pits removed
1/4 cup coconut butter (NOT oil) OR other nut/seed butter of choice
1/3 cup raw cacao powder
1 scoop plant-based chocolate protein powder OR another 2 tablespoons cacao powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
dash sea salt, optional
2 tablespoons cacao nibs or vegan mini chocolate chips (such as Enjoy Life brand)
1. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper, leaving enough sticking out so you can pull out the whole thing.
2. Place the black beans, bananas, dates, and coconut butter in a food processor and process until smooth.
3. Then add the cacao powder, protein powder, vanilla, and salt. Process until mixture is combined. It will be moist.
4. Finally pulse in the cacao nibs.
5. Transfer to the prepared pan and smooth evenly.
6. Place in freezer for at least 2 hours.
7. Lift the whole thing out of the baking dish by pulling up on the parchment paper and slice into 8 bars. If it is too frozen, allow to sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
8. Best if served frozen or very cold.