2 teaspoons coconut oil
1 small onion, roughly chopped
4 cloves garlic, smashed
¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
Salt & pepper, to taste (start with 1/4 teaspoon of each)
½ inch piece fresh ginger
5-6 cups vegetable broth
½ head cauliflower, roughly chopped
1 bunch broccoli stems, roughly chopped
2-4 cups leafy greens (chard, collard, kale, spinach, whatever you have)
1 (14oz) can coconut milk
2 cups frozen peas
A hand-full of fresh parsley or cilantro, optional
1. Heat oil in a large pot. Sauté onion until translucent,about 5-6 minutes. Add garlic, chili flakes, and ginger, sauté for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add in vegetable broth, cauliflower and broccoli. Bring to a boil. Simmer soup for about 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
3. Add in leafy greens and fresh herbs. Let greens wilt in soup for 2-4 minutes. Stir in coconut milk.
4. In high speed blender, carefully blend soup (you may need to blend in batches) until smooth (it’s ok if it is a little chunky). If soup is too thick to your liking, add more broth or water to thin it out.
5. Add peas into soup and heat through. Taste and adjust salt if necessary.
Fell free to throw in other veggies like zucchini, celery, asparagus, etc. You can also use broccoli florets, I just like to use up the stems in soups.
This soup is also delicious served at room temperature or cold!