This recipe uses cooked sweet potato and cooked quinoa, add more time to the prep if you need to cook them.
2 cloves garlic
1 small onion
1 cup button mushrooms
1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
1 cup cooked sweet potato
1.5 cups cooked chickpeas
2 cups cooked quinoa
2 teaspoons Garam Masala
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
1/4-1/3 cup arrowroot
Coconut oil for sauteing
1. In a food processor, pulse the garlic,onion, mushrooms and ginger until finely chopped.
2. Add the sweet potato, chickpeas, quinoa, and spices and process until everything is combined (leave it al ittle chunky).
3. Then add the arrowroot, start with 1/4 cup and pulse once again.
4. Place the mixture in a large bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes. This helps keep the burgers from falling apart and makes it much easier to form patties.
5. Form into 8 patties and sauté in the coconut oil about 5-7 minutes on each side, you may need to do this in batches.
Delicious topped with my Fig Chutney, as pictured.
You can substitute rice flour or garbanzo bean flour for the arrowroot.