about 2 cups, 6-8 servings
2 teaspoons coconut oil
1/4 cup walnuts
1 cup mushrooms (any type)
1/2 teaspoon each dried rosemary, thyme
1/4 teaspoon each sage, garlic powder
salt & pepper
1 tablespoon arrowroot
1-1 ½ cups vegetable broth
2 teaspoons coconut aminos or low-sodium tamari (optional)
1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons coconut milk or other non-dairy milk
1. Pulse the walnut and mushrooms in a food processor or finely chop.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add the chopped mushrooms and walnuts; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the spices and cook another minute.
4. Then stir in the arrowroot and mix in well. Slowly add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
5. Stir constantly until a thick gravy forms. Then lower the heat and add the remaining ingredients. Adjust the salt and pepper to your liking.
Soy-free if using coconut aminos.