prep time does not include time to soak cashews
For the crust:
3/4 cup almonds (or peanuts)
3/4 cup dates, pitted
3 tablespoons cacao powder
For the filling:
1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 30 minutes in hot water or 4-6 hours in cold water, then rinse and drain)
2 very ripe bananas
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1-2 tablespoons coconut milk (or other nondairy milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping:
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips, melted
1 banana, thinly sliced
1. For the crust, pulse almonds, dates, and cacao powder together in a food processor until mixture sticks together.
2. Firmly press mixture into a spring form pan or an 8-inch pie dish lined with parchment paper. Place in freezer while preparing the filling.
3. For the filling, in a high speed blender, blend all the filling ingredients together until smooth. Pour filling over crust and smooth out evenly.
4. Place in freezer for about 30 minutes, until firm.
5. Drizzle peanut butter and melted chocolate over the cheezecake. Then top with sliced bananas.
6. Store in the fridge or freezer.
Enjoy Life makes vegan, gluten-free (and allergy friendly) chocolate chips!