Freeze time = 30 minutes
For the crust:
1 ¼ cups walnuts/pecans (about half of each)
2 tablespoons Chia seeds (optional)
1 cup pitted dates
Dash of ground cinnamon
For the filling:
3 large apples or 4-5 small, any kind
½ cup dates, pitted
½ cup raisins
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
For the caramel topping:
2 tablespoons almond butter
2 tablespoons raw coconut nectar (or raw honey)
Water or almond milk
1. Place all crust ingredients in the food processor. Process until the mixture sticks together and the dates are well processed.
2. Dump crust mixture into glass pie dish. Press the crust down firmly in your dish with your hands.
3. Roughly chop two apples, discarding core/seeds. Save the other apple.
4. Place all filling ingredients (except the one apple) in the food processor. Process until it's well mixed but a little chunky is okay.
5. Pour this mixture into a large bowl.
6. Cut half of the last apple into small chunks. Throw these apple chunks into the apple mixture. Stir gently. Slice the other half of the apple in thin slices and set aside.
7. Pour the apple mixture on top of crust. Smooth out and top with the thinly sliced apples.
8. Place in the freezer for at least half an hour.
9. While the pie is in the freezer, prepare the caramel topping: stir the almond butter and the coconut nectar in a small bowl. Thin with water or almond milk, start with 1 tablespoon (so the consistency is that which can be drizzled).
10. Drizzle the caramel over the pie, slice, and serve! Store in the freezer.
Vegan if using coconut nectar.