This recipes uses cooked beets.
1 cup cooked and pureed beets
¼ cup almond butter
½ teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup of coconut sugar
½ cup raw cacao powder
1/3-1/2 cup chocolate chunks or chips (I use Food for Life which are gluten-free and vegan)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper or lightly grease with coconut oil.
3. Mix the beets, almond butter, and vanilla together in a medium sized bowl.
4. Then stir in the salt, baking soda, coconut sugar, and cacao powder.
5. Fold in chocolate chunks and pour batter into the prepared pan.
6. Bake brownies for 22-25 minutes. They will be very soft.
7. Cool brownies completely! They will firm as they cool!