1 tablespoon arrowroot
2 tablespoons water
½ cup vegetable broth
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (8 oz) package mushrooms, thinly sliced
½ pound green beans, trimmed
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ cup almond or coconut milk
2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
salt & pepper, to taste
1. Mix arrowroot into the water and set aside.
2. Sauté the garlic and mushrooms in broth for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add in the green beans and thyme and cook until the mushrooms are soft andt he green beans are cooked but still crisp, about 7 minutes.
4. Pour in the milk and arrowroot mixture.
5. Immediately whisk in nutritional yeast.
6. Allow the mixture to thicken and turn off heat. Salt and pepper to taste.