This recipe uses cooked sweet potato.
2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water
2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potato
1/2 cup tahini
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup of coconut sugar
1 cup raw cacao powder
2/3 cup mini chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life which are gluten-free and vegan)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly grease mini muffin pan with coconut oil.
3. In a small bowl, mix the ground flax with the water and set aside (it will thicken).
4. Mix the sweet potato, tahini, and vanilla together in a medium sized bowl.
5. Then stir in the salt, baking soda, coconut sugar, and cacao powder.
6. Fold in chocolate chips and flax/water mixture (batter is very thick).
7. Spoon or scoop (a mini ice-cream scoop works well) into prepared pan
8. Bake for 15-18 minutes. They will be very soft.
9. Cool brownies completely! They will firm as they cool!