This recipe uses cooked sweet potato.
1/2 cup dates, pits removed
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup pecans, divided
1/2 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato
2 scoops vegan vanilla protein powder (I use Garden of Life Organic Plant Protein)
2 tablespoons ground flax
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
dash sea salt, optional
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper, leaving enough sticking out so you can pull out the whole thing.
3. Place the dates, walnut and half of the pecans in a food processor and pulse until chopped pretty finely.
4. Then add the sweet potato, protein powder, flax, and the spices. Process until mixture has taken the form of a smooth dough.
5. Add the cranberries and the rest of the pecans and pulse until just combined, you want to keep a little texture. The mixture will be fairly moist.
6. Transfer to the prepared pan and smooth evenly.
7. Bake for 22-25 minutes, until firm and the edges are just brown.
8. Cool completely. Then lift the whole out of the baking dish and slice into 8 bars.
Feel free to use pumpkin or butternut squash instead of the sweet potato.