This recipe uses cooked beans and squash.
1/2 onion, rough chopped
3 cloves garlic, peeled
2 cups cooked white beans
2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 cup cooked butternut or acorn squash (or sweet potato)
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1/2 teaspoon each: dried basil, dried oregano
salt & pepper, to taste
3-4 tablespoons garbanzo bean flour or ground flax
coconut oil for sauteing
1. In a small saute pan, saute the onion and garlic for about 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse the beans and sun-dried tomatoes until just slightly chunky. Transfer to a medium sized bowl.
3. Then add the cooked squash, onion, and garlic to the food processor and pulse until smooth. Transfer to the bowl with the bean mixture.
4. Then stir in the nutritional yeast, spices, and flour.
5. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes. This helps keep the burgers from falling apart and makes it much easier to form patties.
6. Form into 5 patties and sauté in the coconut oil about 5-7 minutes on each side, you may need to do this in batches.
Top with your favorite toppings.