2 very ripe bananas
3 tablespoons aquafaba OR 1 flax "egg" (3 tablespoons water + 1 tablespoon ground flax)
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoons coconut milk or other non-dairy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract½ teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoons baking soda
½ cup coconut flour
1 cup shredded zucchini
1/3 cup dates, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, place the bananas, aquafaba, coconut oil, coconut milk, and vanilla extract and beat with a hand mixer until fluffy. If using a flax egg, fold it into beaten banana mixture.
4. Add the cinnamon, cardamom, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and coconut flour and incorporate well.
5. Fold in the shredded zucchini, and dates.
8. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes.
9. Allow to cool completely before removing from pan, then slice and enjoy.
This bread is flatter and denser than traditional breads.
adapted from Emma Hatcher