makes 8 muffins
1 cup fresh pineapple
1/4 cup pitted dates
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup teff flour
1/4 cup ground flax
1/4 rolled oats
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon slat
1 cup grated zucchini (and any liquid from it)
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly oil a muffin tin.
3. Add the pineapple, dates, milk , coconut oil, and vanilla to a food processor and run until smooth.
4. In a large bowl, mix the teff flour, ground flax, oats, coconut, baking soda, and spices.
5. Stir in the liquid mixture from the food processor.
6. Fold in the grated zucchini, pecans, and dried apricots.
7. Spoon into prepared muffin pan, I got 8 from this recipe.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edged are lightly brown and it passes the toothpick test (toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle).
Gluten-free. Teff is a high protein gluten-free grain. Any type of flour can be substituted.